watch how to make
- flour 290g
- 1/4 cup sugar 60g
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk 440ml
- 1/4 cup butter 60g
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Combine together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large-sized bowl.And add the milk, slightly cooled melted butter, vanilla and egg.
- Mix together until it's smooth (there may be a couple of lumps but that's okay).
- Set the batter aside and allow to rest while heating up your pan.
- Heat the pan over low-medium heat and wipe over with a little butter. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan and spread out gently into a round shape with the back of your ladle.
- When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip with a spatula and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve with honey, maple syrup, fruit, ice cream or frozen yoghurt, anything you want!